The Indiana Pacers have been in trade rumors all spring, and a new piece from the Athletic is sure to add fuel to the fire.
The piece covers the players that are most likely to be traded along with future impact, meaning that players likely to be dealt that will have little impact won’t be rated high, nor will someone with large impact but has near-zero chance of being moved. Thus those high ranking on the list will be players that both are likely to be traded and likely to impact their new team.
There are multiple Pacers players on the list as well as players the Pacers have been linked to as part of recent trade rumors. In this article, we overview the top 12 and if they have any connection to Pacers rumors.
The Athletic’s Top 12 Potential Impactful Trade Pursuits
12. Buddy Hield – at number 12, Buddy Hield has some amount of chance to be traded and potentially big impact. Most rumors have him linked to the Lakers although those have mostly died down.
11. Caris Lavert – No real rumored connections given he was previously just here.
10. P.J Washington – would be an excellent fit with the Pacers. We have covered some potential trades but no large trade rumors floating around.
9. Nikola Vucevic – Seemingly not a pursuit interest of the Pacers given they already are relatively set at big-man at the moment.
8. Jordan Clarkson – Utah is potentially tanking and moving off of Clarkson would make sense. However, there haven’t been any connections to the Pacers as far as interest given we have Haliburton.
7. Gary Trent Jr. – No real connection to the Pacers given we are already backlogged at shooting guard.
6. Jakob Poeltl – Only real connection has been whether teams will move on Myles or Jakob.
5. Immanuel Quickly – Has been mentioned in some talks about Pacers/Knicks trades. Other Knicks connections have been Cam Reddish and Obi Toppin.
4. Kyle Kuzma – Would be an excellent add by the Pacers and we have discussed some ways to get him here. However the cost would likely be high.
3. Bojan Bogdanovic – A previous Pacers player who would make an excellent addition at a position of need. However, most talk about Bojan has been in connection to the Lakers.
2. John Collins – A center point of trade discussions and rumors of the Pacers, who are apparently interested in him. Would fit a position of need but is a costly addition. Is he worth it?