With only four teams left (or three, if you have stopped counting the Thunder), many NBA fans have turned their attention to the draft. The 2014 NBA Draft likely won’t make many headlines for the Pacers, since they traded their first-round pick for Luis Scola, but I just did stumble upon something draft-related that might help tied you readers over until Game 3 on Saturday. (via @DraftExpress)
Above, we have a 20-year-old Paul George going through a pre-draft workout.
A few things of note:
- He is already talking about being “the next superstar” in the NBA.
- He declared for the draft on Twitter and the interviewer says he might have been the first to do so.
- He doesn’t get much lift on his jumper, though it was still silky
- He was criticized for his inattention to deficit and admitted to it, saying it’s the thing he needs to work on in the NBA, where he has arguably became the league’s best wing defender by 23.
- The Pacers do have a second-round pick.
I wouldn’t expect another Paul George, but Pacers’ fans can at least hope they find another diamond in the rough.