Random Ramblings for the Off Season:
- What a busy first week or two of off season, and there’s still no closure on the Dwight Howard issue. I could keep writing about that, but let’s all face it, this thing needs to get done and over with. Maybe he’ll screw up things and get a television show for this. Could it be like the Bachelor and Dwight has the different hats of teams involved, and he puts on the hat for what team he’s going to? There you go, ESPN, a new show for you.
- Jeremy Lin looks to be getting a great contract soon. And go figure, it’s possibly with the Rockets, who actually was the team that cut him. It all goes full circle. Isn’t anyone surprised the Knicks actually looked to give Lin a contract especially after he helped them turn around their season like he did? And if Carmelo Anthony doesn’t come back, wouldn’t Lin have continued his great play?
- Roy Hibbert is going to stay a Pacer, and here’s a conspiracy theory for all the people who love that. Maybe the Portland Trailblazers offered him a contract just to screw with the Pacers. There you go, yet another idea for you fine folks out there. But I as a Pacers fan am very glad that Hibbert will be back with the team. To keep the continuity of this team was key. They can look to improve upon what was achieved last year. They can get better, and I expect even a longer playoff run this season.
- Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis are heading to Miami. They are there for a ring, and now there’s even more reason to boo Miami as they just won this past season. Boston fans are definitely feeling the hatred for Allen as I saw shirts made that are mocking Allen. Rashard Lewis has traveled around, so who cares where he ends up anymore.
- With all the flurry of this beginning of the off season, you have to wonder what will happen until the season starts back up. I guess we do have the Olympics to talk about at the end of July. It’s going to be expected that team takes gold. And if not, then there will be plenty of talk there.