- Michael Weinstein redesigned the Pacers logo, coming up with the graphic shown here. I dig it. He has a few other versions you might like.
- The Pacers have no plans to lay off any staff during the lockout. Matt Moore pats the franchise on the back for the move.
- Matt Moore of NBC re-watched Game 7 of the Pacers/Knicks second round series in 1995 and took notes. My favorite part: “Every close-up of Starks makes me want to pat him on the head and say ‘You poor, poor man.'” Will hate you always, John.
- NBA.com’s Sekou Smith ranked the offseason coaching moves. He has Vogel at #2. He also has jokes: “Vogel waited nearly as long for official confirmation that he would have his interim tag removed in Indiana as Rambis did for his official walking papers in Minnesota. We’re still trying to figure out why it took so long in both instances.”
- Rick Wagner of Cornrows thinks that Vogel’s best attribute was his ability to adapt.
- The lockout is making rehab difficult for players like David West, a reported Pacers free agent target.
- Funk Flex is wishing newlywed Dahntay Jones congrats on his nuptials. D-Nice was DJing on the ones and twos for the occasion so it’s fair to say the couple has good taste. We would also like to send our best as well to the Pacers swingman and the politician’s daughter. Enjoy the honeymoon. And don’t worry about getting back any time soon … you’re gonna be locked out for a minute.